Our organization can share your health information only when medically / clinical necessary and for the benefit of your health care and continuation of care.
How we may share personal information
- We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you, such as PCP / physicians.
- Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Within our pratice
- We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
- Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for our services
- We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
- Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions.
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.